With unprecedented job losses in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, workers’ rights are under attack across the country.
But our workers know how to fight back. As a proud union member, I know how important it is that every worker have a voice on the job and an advocate in disagreements with their employer.
In my second term as a State Senator, I will:
- Fight to extend the right to collective bargaining to all workers, including domestic workers and independent contractors
- Fight corporations like Amazon and Airbnb that threaten working-class housing and union jobs
- Protect union jobs in the construction industry from abusive non-union contractors and developers
- Fight to repeal restrictive Taylor Law conditions that limit public sector unions’ ability to collectively bargain
- Find ways the state can support organizing drives at major employers to raise union density in New York, and continue to show up on the front lines